Friday, June 23, 2006

Philosophy of immortality

Ok, this is something I'm going to try. I have been padding my new book posts with books I've read in the past. Generally I read about 2 or 3 books a week. It depends on the book. I'm going to start adding little bits about paranormal theory in books or books in general. If I see a drop in readership I might change back so please give me feedback.

Immortality is a highly debated subject in fiction. How hard to kill do you have to be to be immortal? What is simply long lived? Vampires are generally considered immortal even though they frequently take their own lives due to depression. They are also not that horribly hard to kill. Although some authors have made their vampires harder to kill as of late. Making them immune to the damages of sunlight. Trudi Canavan counts some of her sorceress as immortal. Her sorceress and sorcerer will not die of natural causes but may be killed. Are they immortal? I find it very interesting that even the characters debate this with themselves.

If you have any subjects you'd like me to tackle between reads just send me a message and I'll do my best. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home