Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Unbound - an anthology

Unbound - an anthology - Science Fiction
Ley Line Drifter by Kim Harrison - Jenks has his first pixie customer and he really wants to fix this kids problems. Kim really did a good job highlighting the strengths of a pixie over the strengths of a full sized person. I look forward to seeing more stories about Jenks.
Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost - Frost did a good job with this short story and I'd be interested in reading more of her stuff. Serial killer ghouls have come to Mardi Gras and they must be stopped. No matter what they must be stopped.
Dark Matters by Vicki Pettersson - I really got the feeling that this is part of another storyline and I'd understand it and maybe get into it more if I'd read more of her stuff. Super heros and Villians exist and they're going to mess with your life to either save it or end it. I thoguht this was the weakest story in the anthology. That said it was a good story and this anothogy is packed with high name authors.
The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten by Jocelynn Drake - This author really reminds me of susane sizemores early science fiction work. In fact it was so similar I had to check the author a few times.
A vampire dies and suddenly the enforcer of the area is accused of not doing her job. I have a few of Drake's books in my collection I have yet to read and now I'm moving them up in the reading list. :)
Two Lines by Melissa Marr - I'm interested in reading more from this author. Of course I've been interested in reading more since I met her in Ohio. She's got creatures I've never heard of. Creatures that aren't just renamed but actually have new features. Eavan has been resisting her murderous sexy nature while her grandma works hard to bring it out. I've got four boxes of to be read books really I'm reading as fast as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home