Saturday, June 24, 2006

Werewolf myth

Ok, now I'm not as familiar with werewolf myth as I am vampire but I'll give it a shot anyway.

There seem to be a lot of variations on three themes.

One is that the were is passed down genetically. If your dad is a were you will be a were. Sometimes it skips a generation or maybe it's only passed down through the male genies. Thinking of that why always guys? Why is the were genie never passed down through the female line? I'm sure there is something about xx vs xy genetics or something that I just don't understand. But you understand what I'm talking about.

The second is that it's a disease that is passed through the bite. If you get bit by a werewolf you will turn into a werewolf. Real simple there.

Third is the curse. I witch or gypsy long ago got mad at a guy (always a guy again) and cursed him. Every full moon he'll turn into a were.

Now all the rest are basically a variation on these three. Sometimes they can be a were at any point. Sometimes they can only be a were on the full moon. Sometimes if you were bitten you can only go partially were but if you were born you can go all were. You get the point. Have a nice day. :)

Oh and yes I know there seem to be alot of similarities between vamp and were myth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home