Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Over the Moon - anthology

Over the Moon - anthology. Pages 329. Romance. There are 4 stories in this book One I loved two that were good and one that was so so. I'm going to review them in that order.

Moon Dance by Angela Knight - I like that the main character is doing her thing to drag her race out of the stone ages and bring them into the current century. It's what I wish I could do with people now. Of course I'm lazy and always seem to miss things. OK the story. The female lead is a chosen werewolf. The male lead is a bitten werewolf. They are from the same world and yet different worlds. She needs help to escape her father and the man he's arranged for her to marry. It's a good story.

Driftwood by Mary Janice Davidson - This story was ok it wasn't one of her best but I did enjoy it. I like when she flushes out the worlds she's created with characters you wouldn't otherwise meet. The main male character is a werewolf. The main female character is a vampire. Basically she's stuck in a hole when he meets her and he kind of gets her out. Good thing she was already dead.

Mona Lisa Three by Sunny - This one started a bit slow but really picked up. The characters are from a race that is similar to vampires. But at the same time really different. The main character is half human. She's not liked by a lot but loved by those in her group. She is however very useful to have around. I hope to see more work by this author.

Between the Mountain and the Moon by Virginia Kantra. - This story was so so. It was about faeries and the evil faery queen. Usually I like stories that say that faeries aren't the beautiful things we write in Disney movies. I don't know what turned me off about this story. Maybe it was because the main female character seemed whinny to me. I hate it when the gals are whinny unless they end up dead. Shrugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home