Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Moore, Christopher

Nothing I can say will do justice to Christopher Moore writing. He's funny as funny gets and deeply philosophical. Yes there are lots paranormal bits. My two favorite books are Blood Sucking Fiends and Dirty Job. Dirty Job is his newest book. The main character is a soul collector. He collects souls no longer in use and moves them on to their next body. He has a daughter who also has special powers. And he's running from the sewer harpies. It's really funny and whatever I say again will not to it justice just read it. Blood Sucking Fiends is also a great book about vampires. I highly recommend it. At one point the main character buys snapping turtles from the Chinese market to feed off of. He has a bunch of other books that I will give you a list of. Since I'm not capable of conveying how funny he is I'm going to trust you to go to the store and read the back. Or hell click the link and check out his website. Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff Christ's Childhood Pal features such things as Jesus visiting different groups of monks to learn more and grow into his son of god status. Fluke is one I have yet to read unfortunately. Island of the Sequined Love Nun is about a pilot who gets hurt and isn't allowed to fly and his journey to an island where nurse/goddess is harvesting the natives organs for money. Lust Lizards of Melancholy Cove is about a giant lizard that feeds of depression and the residence of a small depressed areas attempt to fight it. Coyote Blue is my third favorite. It's about a man who thinks he's left behind the old ways and coyote's (a native American spirit guide) slap across the face to wake him up. Practical Demonkeeping is about a priest and his demon. Stupidest Angel (2.0) is one I have unfortunately not read yet. There is a sequel to Blood Sucking Fiends coming out but I'm not sure when it will be coming out. I went to see Christopher Moore when he came to town. He's funny and nice and I can't wait to go to another of his signings. We got a picture of him and One day we'll get it signed even though I feel I look like a big fatty in picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home