Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Feehan, Christine

Christine Feehan writes paranormal romance novels. The Dark series, the Mind series, and miscellaneous werecreature stories. The Dark series is fairly unique. The main characters are the carpathians (good vampires). Carpathians are a race that is going to go extinct if they can't fix themselves. The females have trouble conceiving and the males lose all emotions and the ability to see in color until they find true love. On top of that they must fight bad vampires which puts them in danger of turning themselves. It's very interesting for at least the first five books or so. After awhile they start to get a bit repetitive. But however often I've heard this complaint from her fans they always buy her next one and they'd be disappointed if she stopped writing them. The werecreature books have been good. Since each one is different it's really hard to wrap them up in a short summary so just trust me that they are fun. Probably more so for women. The Mind series have been good as well. I have only read a few but they are a group of genetically altered kids who have grown up not knowing they were genetically altered. I do plan on reading more of them. Overall this author tends to appeal more to women then men.

2 Comments:

Blogger Her Royal Highness, Queen of Drama said...

Hey Laura,
I think this is a great blog idea. Honestly through, I don't read all that much fantasy.. I read mostly historical fiction. I just finished "the Illuminator," Which was amazing. It is about the intrigue surrounding the writing (and illumination) of the first English translation of the Bible by John Wycliffe. I was bummed when it ended. Now I am on Phillipia Carr's latest in her Tudor series, "The Virgin's Lover." It is about Robert Dudley, who was rumored to be Queen Elizabeth’s paramour...hence the title. Like the other two books in the series, it is really well researched, and well written, drawing the reader into their world.

Perhaps, I shall read some of the ones on your list that seem vaguely historical in nature...

11:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

If you like Greek mythology I might try Kenyon. She spins alot of it into her series. I know of a few authors in the realm of historical fiction. I worked the fiction section for over a year. Let me get some names together for you. Maybe I'll come up with some new ones.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home