Saturday, July 08, 2006

Vampires with addictions

It is rarely addressed in books but it has been in a few. Can vampires get addicted to drugs, alcohol, and sugar. Yes I said sugar. In one book I read some vampires went looking for those people with high sugar levels in their blood. I thought it was a cool twist on things. I mean most vampire books say different blood tastes different based on diet and health. But few actually talk about how. In most vampire books those addicted to drugs and alcohol are looked on as weak. Picking targets specifically cause they are on a substance is frowned upon. I really like that. I think it's a fairly responsible stance for writers to take. In some vampire books vampires are immune to alcohol and drugs. While I think that would be the case with an injection cause there is no way to move the blood around I don't think that would be the case if they took it in mixed with blood. Have fun everyone. If you have any thoughts feel free to express them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home