Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ninja

There are many ninja myth. Some say they are just trained martial artists that work hard to bring mystic their art. Others say they have magic powers that lend to their art. Yet others say they are completely mystical creatures. There are a number of popular ninja things now.
I laugh every time I watch this guy on his site http://www.askaninja.com/
There is a game ninja burger. Basically you are a ninja and you must deliver the burgers to impossible locations without being found out.
And possibly my favorite is naruto. It's an anime on cartoon network Saturday nights. I TiVo it. Naruto goes with the magical powers to compliment their art form. Really they are much like witches who can also do martial arts. They call upon power they call chakra (spelling?). Some of them command elements such as earth, fire, and air. I haven't seen water but I think it might be because it isn't available everywhere in large quantities. Some of them control animals and insects. It's really very interesting. Some of them can even call upon demon energy. I find they share a lot of common practices with witches. I'd love to show you more compare and contrast but I have to go to work. ack the holiday gag me with a spoon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home