Thursday, November 16, 2006

Invented by the paranormal.

I was looking at wiki and saw that today is the anniversary or the invention of the vacuum tube. It made me think what things have been invented by paranormals in books? I came up with a few off the top of my head.

Vampires - new sunscreen, pills that allow vampires to withstand everything from silver to sun, cures for diseases... Those are mostly medical. We have seen some new uv protection car windows and really cool electronic traps. But mostly they work on over coming their downsides instead of improving their upsides.

Werewolf - Again I've really only seen medical inventions. Things to improve their faults. Although I've also seen things to make their assets better. You're looking at things to make them stronger. Things to make them change to their animal faster.

Magic users - I have seen a few weapons used by magic users that go with their powers. In Kim Harrison the main character carries a splat gun. It's a paintball gun with magical spells stored to be fired at people. There are a few drugs to increase performance.

If you know of more inventions feel free to reply. I admit I'm coming up a bit short. Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home