Saturday, November 18, 2006

Destiny

I have been reading a lot of books where the characters are fated to be together. And although I haven't been thrilled with her writing as of late I've found that Feehan has illustrated a very good point on this topic. What happens to those people who are fated to be with someone they don't particularly want to be with? Of course usually they find that they are indeed magically in love with the person and it's no longer a problem. There is nothing wrong. But what if there are those who either never work it out or don't work it out in time? Love isn't so simple. The books would have you believe that there are no rough times. There aren't times when the stress is getting to you and you're going to hit someone and the person who you love just happens to be the last straw. They don't talk about realizing you love someone after they're gone. In the cases in the books the person would be dead but in real life it could be as simple as having moved on. Knowing for your entire life that someone is going to pop out of the woodwork one day and say I'm your fated lover just makes things worse. It would be better if you could have no clue what was going on. You could look across the table and say oh my. But in so many of the books people know from the time of childhood that one day they will help save someone one day by being there and loving them. Well what happens if they have bad breath or sleep all funky? What happens if you have nothing in common? I don't like the concept of destiny. Fate is something I have a hard time throwing myself behind. Well hopefully we'll soon have a book up. I read one but it turned out not to be paranormal. Authors shouldn't trick me like that LOL. TTFN

Sorry this was posted so late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home