Friday, April 21, 2006

Pratchett, Terry

Terry Pratchett is a very impressive fantasy author. His characters are well written and his works are incredibly funny. I highly recommend the Disk World series. Color of Magic is the first book in the series. Throughout the series you get to meet such characters as Rincewind, the Witches, Mort, Carrott, Death, the Wizards, the Librarian, and many more. I'd go through and describe all these characters but I know I wont do them justice. If you like such books as Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Dirty Jobs you really should check this author out. I've been to a signing by this author and he is very funny in person as well as in his writing. He's also very nice. He limits the number of books he'll sign to a trolley. I really want to write so much more about him but it just defies being put down in words. To many other people have said it so much better then I ever could. Check out his website and message boards.

1 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Read 'em all. Just finished 'THUD' - brilliant. Favourite's are Maurice and Amazing Educated Rodents, Mort n Soul Music. You got good taste.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home