Monday, July 10, 2006

faeries

I find that faeries tend to play a back seat in most fantasy settings. I know of a few main character faeries. One is Merry Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton. I like how she does things. Most people think of faeries as kind and gentle little creatures who play with flowers. But if you think back to times of old literature. Faeries were tricksters. You always had to be careful your wording and theirs. You couldn't eat anything they gave you. And don't forget they steal your children. Harris has a few faeries in her books. I'm not sure what I think about the recent events of a faery godmother. Shrugs. Well have a nice day.

Random House rep is coming into the bookstore today. I hope I'll have something to tell you all later. And any suggestions or input are appreciated. I like to know how I'm doing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home