Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding edited by P.N. Elrod

My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding edited by P.N. Elrod. Multiple genre anthology. Pages 310. This book contains nine short stories. I was pleased that Elrod was able to keep it to a theme and keep the plot moving. There were only two stories I just didn't love. One was the banks and I am just not a fan of her work. The other was a historical. I am generally not a fan of historical stories. I highly recommend reading this book. For an anthology two stories you don't like out of 9 you love is amazing. I would normally write up a bit about each story but honestly 9 is a bit much so I'll just touch base a bit. The list of authors is L.A. Banks, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, P.N. Elrod, Esther M. Friesner, Lori Handeland, Charlaine Harris, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Susan Krinard. The Jim Butcher made me wanna pick up one of his books. I've been waiting for the first one to come into the used books section but maybe I'll just give in. Same with the Caine, Friesner, and Elrod. I've read a bit of Elrod before but found him kind of cheesy. Well to the heart of the matter. All of these stories contain elements of weddings. It's not a sappy love story. I would more put this into science fiction then I would romance. Even with a few of the authors being primarily romance authors. You really should check it out. I really wish I could get away with having the cake from the cover for my wedding cake when I get around to getting hitched. I don't think my mom would go for it though and even though I'm above the age of 18 by a bit she'll probably be paying lol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUTCHER is worth every penny. YOU WILL LOVE IT....
You must read them now, because Sci-Fi channel will have the TV series out in January or there abouts. You have to read the first couple of the Dresden Files before then.
And I will buy the Anthology...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home