Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thoughts on Santas bag of holding

I was thinking about all the different Santa myths the other day and I started a list of myths that involved paranormal components.

One of those items was Santa's bag. He carries a large black sac. Now Santa's sac looks like it would probably be big enough for one families gifts but he never has to refill it.

Now those of you who have played Dungeons and Dragons before should know about bags of holding. Basically they are bags that look to be normal but can hold way more then the normal capacity of the bag.

I have talked to a few guys before about how the bag of holding works. One idea is that there is a space/time rift in the bag. When you put things in they get sucked into the rift. However this makes me curious as to how you get your stuff out. In D&D you just think about it and it comes to the top of the bag.

I began to think about how Santa just thinks about a person a thing and it comes to the top of the bag.

Some people say that the bag creates the gifts. I don't agree. I think he needs the elves to make the gifts and load his bag of holding. I really wish I could get my hands on his bag of holding. It also made me wonder if Mrs Claus has a purse of holding. Wouldn't that be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home